Your site needs to be the conversation you need to have with your prospects. This impacts the structure of your site, the page layouts, the copy, and the usability.
I'll create core messaging and a structure for your website or app, with Darwinian fit to your market
Your new site or app starts with a cup of tea and a chat
1. We talk about your product, potential buyers / users, and strategy (I can help with strategy if you like).
2. I figure out core messaging, and a structure for your site or app. I create a clickable prototype for your designer or builder.
(Or I can also design & build.)
3. Your site or app goes live, we take a look at user data, and iterate.
(Depending on your project we may also get user data in initial research or as responses to the prototype.)
Typically, the work includes:
User personas & key messaging
- I'll get to know your users, and create persona/s
- I'll dig to find the key messages they need to hear
User goals & User paths
- I'll state user goals and user paths
- This helps keep the site user centric
- I'll figure out a structure for your site based on your strategic needs (wireframe the main pages for desktop)
Brand / Copywriting & UX Copy (microcopy)
- I'll create all the messaging, from the hero copy to the snippets of copy that lend the user a helping hand, and encourage them to click particular tabs
- Brand voice and tone: all messaging, from hero copy to error messages will be in a voice and tone that fits your brand like a glove
- I'll create a visual and typographic hierarchy that helps users achieve their goals.
- I'll put it all together in a clickable / interactive prototype
- I'll advise on testing – many things can be done – but simply handing the prototype to a couple of people in your target market is sometimes sufficient
- I'll make changes that are indicated as needed based on feedback from tests
- I'll create a mobile and desktop version (as needed)
- I'll hand the files off to your designer
- Or you can also ask me to do the design
This process, with a UX copywriter who also has a designer's eye – either me or someone else – doing the first stage, fits the natural need of a website build. Because the whole site – the structure, the pages, the layout, the copy – is based on the conversation you need to have with your prospects.
How to contact me (Richard)
–> Connect and message me on Linkedin
–> Or WhatsApp/Call +353 87 357 4031
–> Or email firstname.lastname@example.org