Lex Fridman asked Elon Musk: when you or somebody else creates an AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) system and you get to ask her one question, what would that question be?
What’s outside the simulation?
The universe is 13.8 billion years old, so any civilisations that may have arisen throughout the cosmos have had a lot of time to hone their technological know-how.
“If you assume any rate of improvement at all, then games will be indistinguishable from reality, or civilisation will end. Therefore, we are most likely in a simulation, because we exist.”
Note on the design:
I thought I'd cut the edges off the phrase, so it first seems like a statement – hat's outside – but on figuring it out – from the simulation – it goes no farther than the question: What's outside the simulation?
We're making only 20 of each color and size of this tshirt.
Verb.ly t-shirts are fashion-fit cut, cotton-ball soft on your skin, and extremely durable. How?
• 100% organic ringspun cotton. Continuously spinning, twisting, and thinning the cotton produces softer, stronger, longer strands. We spin out the rough texture you get with standard raw cotton.
• Our people in Los Angeles dye the fabric with the most eco-friendly dyes we could sniff out, and use 7x less water than the average-Jo garment manufacturer pours down the sink.
• Our tees are double-stitched on the neckline and sleeves – this and the fabric itself gives the garment great durability, and it keeps its shape.
• 4.5 oz (153 g/m2)
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
• Quarter-turned to avoid creasing down the center
• Fashion-fit cut
|Length (inches)||28||29 ¼||30 ¼||31 ¼||32 ½||33 ½|
Shipping is from the USA, the UK, or Netherlands, depending on your location.
96% of people in the USA or Europe receive their t-shirt in 5–12 days.
(And the other 4% within 16 days.)