We (Homo sapiens) took a leap of leaps from our immediate predecessor, Homo Erectus – developing art, pictography, tools, and complex language.
The Stoned Ape theory is the idea that magic mushrooms is what enabled that giant cognitive leap forward.
Terence McKenna first proposed the idea in his book Food of the Gods.
The idea was much dismissed as trippy speculation. But some people are now starting to take the idea seriously.
Perhaps early humans were tripping (travelling) across the Savannah, came across psilocybin mushroom sprouts, munched, brains kicked into overdrive…
It strikes me as something that could be tested – by giving a guy of another species of ape a mushroom — perhaps a micro-dose. Though I guess it’d be tricky to get informed consent from him/her.
We're making only 20 of each color and size of this tshirt.
Verb.ly t-shirts are fashion-fit cut, cotton-ball soft on your skin, and extremely durable. How?
• 100% organic ringspun cotton. Continuously spinning, twisting, and thinning the cotton produces softer, stronger, longer strands. We spin out the rough texture you get with standard raw cotton.
• Our people in Los Angeles dye the fabric with the most eco-friendly dyes we could sniff out, and use 7x less water than the average-Jo garment manufacturer pours down the sink.
• Our tees are double-stitched on the neckline and sleeves – this and the fabric itself gives the garment great durability, and it keeps its shape.
• 4.5 oz (153 g/m2)
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
• Quarter-turned to avoid creasing down the center
• Fashion-fit cut
|Length (inches)||28||29 ¼||30 ¼||31 ¼||32 ½||33 ½|
Shipping is from the USA, the UK, or Netherlands, depending on your location.
96% of people in the USA or Europe receive their t-shirt in 5–12 days.
(And the other 4% within 16 days.)